San Francisco discovers dental implants are cost effective and affordable
Dr. Leo Arellano and his team are dedicated to helping the people of San Francisco and the surrounding areas enjoy optimal oral health and beautiful smiles. They offer a wide range of preventive, cosmetic, general, and restorative dental services to meet the needs of their patients. They do not believe price should stand in the way of a healthy smile, so we work with dental insurance companies and financial plans to ensure quality dental care is affordable and available to their patients.
Although dental implants are considered the premier option for replacing missing teeth, many people avoid this treatment because the initial cost is higher, so they believe that dental implants are more expensive. However, in reality, dental implants are more cost effective than dentures or dental bridges because implants can last a lifetime with proper care. Other tooth replacement options will require repair, replacement, treatments to prevent further tooth loss, and even aesthetic services if the contours of the face are to be maintained.
In addition to being more cost effective long-term, dental implants offer many other benefits:
- The replacement teeth function, look, and feel just like natural teeth.
- The integrity of the jawbone is preserved because the implant stimulates the bone to continue regeneration.
- The health of the adjacent teeth is not compromised, as they do not have to be reduced for crown placement as is necessary in dental bridge procedures. Additionally, implants are a standalone restoration; they do not transfer chewing pressure to the neighboring teeth, so the force when biting or chewing is evenly distributed across the dental arch.
- Oral hygiene practices are not affected; implant restorations require the same cleaning techniques as natural teeth. Special flossing aids are needed to clean under dental bridges and dentures must be removed for cleaning.
- Dental implant treatment has a high success rate. They are considered more predictable than removable appliances and bridgework.
Good oral health is crucial to the longevity of dental implants; it is important that patients practice good oral hygiene and maintain regular dental visits for examinations and professional cleanings. People in San Francisco or the surrounding areas can count on Dr. Arellano and his team for effective, efficient, affordable dental care. Call 415-881-4343, or use the convenient form at the side of this page to schedule an appointment today.