What are the advantages of dental implants for tooth replacement in San Francisco, CA dentist’s office?
Tooth replacement options can be overwhelming for some patients due to the many choices available. At the practice of Dr. Leo Arellano of San Francisco, CA, patients in the community can ask about the solutions they can choose from. Many patients choose to go with dental implants for tooth replacement due to the many benefits.
What are the advantages of dental implants?
Patients love the versatility and longevity they obtain with the placement of dental implants. Some of the benefits dental implants provide include:
- Natural appearance. Dental implants are restored with tooth colored restorations such as dental crowns, bridges, and dentures. These are made with special care and attention from our dental team to ensure that they match the existing teeth in the smile for seamless integration.
- Versatility. The dentist restores dental implants in several different ways, depending on the needs of the patient. This makes them incredibly versatile and able to replace anywhere from one to several teeth.
- Longevity. Since dental implants are firmly planted into the jawbone, they can last a long timelifetime with proper care. Conditions such as periodontal disease can cause shrinking of the bone, which in turn can cause dental implants to be loose. By visiting the dentist regularly to monitor signs of this condition, most patients can keep their dental implants in place for many years to come!
- Strength. The implantation into the bone of the jaw gives the implant the stability it needs to be strong and durable. The strength of dental implants is amazing and unsurpassed by other dental restorations used for tooth replacement. The improved strength allows patients to enjoy their favorite foods with little risk to worry about breakage or loss, including eating whole apples or their steak dinner!
- Investment. Some patients may be put off dental implants due to their cost. While they are the most expensive tooth replacement option, they are also the best investment. Other restorations require routine replacements, which can add up to thousands of dollars over the patient’s lifetime. Dental implants can last decades, resulting in a smaller cost per year than any alternative.
- Coverage. Many dental insurance companies are providing partial coverage for the cost of dental implants. Our front office staff can consult with a patient’s dental insurance provider to determine how much the final cost can be reduced. Any remaining amount after the application of insurance benefits can be arranged with financing plans available at our practice.
- Maintenance of bone. Dental implants stimulate the growth of bone of the jaw from osseointegration. This maintains the bone structure, which can keep other teeth firmly in place and reduce the risk of loss. Maintenance of the bone is especially important when patients are using these restorations for denture retention. The use of traditional dentures can cause patients to develop a sunken-in appearance to their jaw from general bone loss.
Am I a candidate for dental implants?
Dental implants are titanium posts that the dentist can place during oral surgery. However, it is important that before undergoing oral surgery, patients need to determine if they are an appropriate candidate for placement. During a consultation appointment, Dr. Leo Arellano will evaluate the patient and decide if they are a candidate for treatment using dental implants. Patients with enough bone structure and who are seeking a long lasting tooth replacement option may have a viable solution from this form of treatment. During the consultation, patients can also ask their dentist any questions they may have about the placement, care, and appearance of their dental implants. Knowing what to expect during oral surgery also assists patients in feeling at ease prior to and during their procedure.
Request an appointment today
Patients in the community of San Francisco, CA who are interested in working with a dedicated dentist to discuss the benefits of treatment with a team of professionals who care about the end results. When considering dental implants for tooth replacement, the first step is the scheduling of a consultation with the team. Call the practice of Dr. Leo Arellano at 415-881-4343 today and find out how you can replace your teeth with a long lasting, beautiful restoration such as dental implants. The practice is conveniently located in f San Francisco at 3030 Geary Boulevard and is always accepting new patients.