San Francisco dentist makes porcelain veneers process quick and easy
Porcelain veneers treatment is the fastest and easiest way to enjoy a beautiful new smile in just a few weeks. San Francisco dentist, Dr. Leo Arellano, and his talented team can make smile dreams come true for many patients, in just three appointments – consultation, preparation, and placement.
The doctor considers this the most important of the three appointments because he uses this appointment to accomplish a number of things.
- Dr. Arellano has an in-depth discussion with patients to understand their ultimate goals for their smiles. Patients are welcome to bring in photos reflecting the look they are hoping to achieve.
- The doctor will explain what the treatment can, and cannot, accomplish, because realistic expectations are crucial to satisfaction with the outcome.
- He reviews the patients’ medical and dental history to ensure they are good candidates for porcelain veneers.
- He performs a careful examination to ensure the gums and teeth are healthy. If he discovers any concerns, they may need to be treated before the process can begin.
- Photos and x-rays are taken, if necessary.
During this appointment, the shade of the veneers will be chosen if it wasn’t done during the consultation. The doctor will prepare the teeth by shaving off a minimal amount of enamel to accommodate the thickness of the veneers. This will help the veneers look and feel natural rather than bulky. Sometimes, “no-prep” veneers may be appropriate. Impressions are taken of the prepared teeth. The impressions, color choice, and other pertinent information will be sent to a skilled ceramist who will create the veneers. If needed, temporary resin veneers will be placed on the prepared teeth to protect them until the final ones are ready.
When patients return for placement, the temporary resin veneers are removed and the final ones are tried in. The doctor will check to make sure that they fit properly and that they feel and look natural. If necessary, the doctor can hand sculpt them for a more precise fit, and the color can be adjusted by tinting the bonding cement, if needed. Once both dentist and patient are satisfied with the color and fit of the veneers, they are durably cemented in place. The veneers are polished to a lustrous glow and delighted patients leave the office with a stunning new smile.
Call 415-881-4343 and schedule an appointment to get on the fast track to a beautiful new smile. Our office is conveniently located at 3030 Geary Blvd. San Francisco, CA 94118