The many benefits of porcelain veneers for Daly City smiles
Dr. Leo Arellano and his skilled team know how important it is for patients to feel and look their best. They offer a wide range of dentistry services to help people in San Francisco, Daly City, and across the Bay Area enjoy healthy, beautiful smiles.
Porcelain veneers are very popular because they are one of the most esthetic procedures available. They can transform imperfect teeth into a stunning smile in just two or three weeks. Beyond beauty, porcelain veneers offer many other benefits:
- Strength – Porcelain is a durable, strong material, so teeth can continue to function as well or better than they did prior to treatment. Patients can still enjoy all of their favorite foods with just a little extra caution when eating chewy or hard foods such as caramel and nuts.
- Durability – With proper care, veneers can last for one or two decades, even a lifetime in some cases. We provide detailed instructions for care, so patients can enjoy their beautiful smiles for many years.
- Natural beauty – Porcelain is semi-translucent, and it closely mimics tooth enamel, refracting and reflecting light just as teeth do, for beautifully natural looking results.
- Quick and simple – Dr. Arellano can usually complete the procedure in just two appointments following the consultation. The entire process causes minimal, if any, stress or discomfort.
- Customized – The veneers are hand sculpted by a ceramist from impressions taken during the preparation visit. Each veneer is customized for the tooth it will cover. Patients can help choose the color of the veneers, ensuring satisfactory results.
- Stain resistant – Unlike tooth enamel, porcelain is stain and chemical resistant. Patients can enjoy foods and beverages that normally stain teeth and still enjoy a bright smile.
- No downtime – Immediately following placement, patients can resume normal activities including eating their favorite foods.
- Health benefits – Veneers can create uniformity among the teeth, improving the bite and reducing the risk of jaw discomfort. The strong porcelain covers the surface of the teeth, forming a protective outer layer and adding some strength to the teeth.
- Versatility – Veneers can cover a number of flaws including pits, fractures, permanent discoloration, spaces, and slight misalignment.
- Improved dental care – This benefit delights Dr. Arellano; most patients tend to improve their oral hygiene practices to protect their stunning new smiles.
Call 415-881-4343 to schedule an appointment today. The doctor and his team welcome new patients from San Francisco, Daly City, and beyond.