Amazing periodontitis treatment in San Francisco
Dr. Leo Arellano and his skilled team provide the people of San Francisco and the surrounding area the benefits of advanced treatment for periodontitis. The LANAP® Procedure is a terrific alternative to traditional scalpel and suture gum surgery. The Laser Assisted New Attachment procedure (LANAP®) is more comfortable and less invasive treatment.
The benefits of LANAP® compared to traditional surgery
- There is significantly less discomfort during and after treatment.
- The procedure is easier – no scalpels and no sutures.
- The treatment is faster, two visits, about two hours each, and a couple of follow-up visits are all it takes. Traditional surgery typically involves four dental visits for treatment, and then visits for wellness checks and suture removal.
- The results last longer, with 98 percent of patients remaining stable five years or more.
- Patients feel like they could eat anything they desire after treatment, however, soft foods are recommended for the first week. Traditional surgery typically takes two to four weeks for recovery, during which time patients are restricted to soft or liquid diets.
- There is no lost time at work because the recovery period for LANAP® treatment is 24 hours or less.
- The treatment is safe for those who are taking medications such aspirin or Plavix, as well as patients with health conditions such as hemophilia, HIV, or diabetes.
A simple non-traumatic experience
The process begins with local anesthetic to ensure complete comfort throughout the procedure. A tiny (about the size of three human hairs) laser fiber is inserted in the pocket between the gum and the tooth to clear away the infection and diseased tissue. Dr. Arellano treats half of the mouth at a time and most patients feel like returning to work after treatment. There is no worry about stitches, bleeding, or infection because the gums are not cut.
Dr. Arellano and his team are well known in San Francisco for providing excellent preventive care and effective, healthy, conservative treatments when dental issues such as periodontitis exist. Call 415-881-4343 today to schedule a consultation.