Helping Daly City look younger with cosmetic dentistry services
The Max Planck Institute in Berlin conducted a study that found most adults underestimate the age of people when they are smiling. People have a tendency to perceive smiling faces as more upbeat, attractive, and youthful. However, smiles can begin to show the esthetic and physical signs of aging when people are in their 30s or 40s as health habits and lifestyles take their toll on the teeth.
Fortunately, the advances in cosmetic dentistry now offer many opportunities to reverse the dental signs of aging with conservative treatments and beautiful results.
- Oral health – A healthy mouth is the foundation for a beautifully youthful smile.
- Whitening – A sparkling white smile tends to dim as time passes due to the staining agents in the richly colored foods and beverages. Professional in-office or at-home teeth whitening can lighten teeth by several shades, making the smile appear more youthful and vibrant.
- Tooth shaping and contouring – As patients age, their teeth naturally wear down. Dental bonding can be used to shape a tooth as well as conceal stains, chips, and gaps.
- Porcelain veneers – Thin sheaths of porcelain can be bonded to the front surfaces of teeth to change their size, color, or shape. With age, tooth enamel thins, allowing the yellowish dentin to show through. Veneers can essentially replace the enamel, restoring youthful brilliance.
- Dark fillings – Tooth colored composite fillings, or porcelain inlays or onlays, can replace silver amalgam fillings, making dental work virtually undetectable. A smile without obvious work looks naturally beautiful and youthful.
- Invisalign – A straight set of teeth conveys youth. Invisalign can correct misalignment discreetly using clear aligner trays.
- Porcelain crowns and bridges – Missing or damaged teeth can be restored beautifully and naturally, eliminating flaws that age a smile. And old gold crowns can be replaced with natural tooth colored alternatives.
- Periodontal treatments – Treatment for gum disease can halt gum recession, and gum contouring or grafting can create beautiful pink frames around the teeth for a younger looking smile.
Dr. Leo Arellano and his team have added youthful health and vibrancy to many smiles in San Francisco, Daly City, and the surrounding areas. Call 415-881-4343, or stop by our office at 3030 Geary Blvd. San Francisco, CA to schedule an appointment today.