San Francisco CA Porcelain veneers look like natural tooth enamel
Porcelain dental veneers are one of the most beautiful ways of enhancing a smile. They are a conservative treatment, involving minimal tooth reduction, about 0.5 mm, compared to a crown, which requires removal of a significant amount of tooth structure. They can alter the appearance of the color, size, shape, and position of the teeth. Although they are not appropriate in all situations, porcelain veneers result in truly remarkable transformation when they are the chosen treatment.
The use of porcelain in dentistry goes back more than 200 years. Porcelain has advanced significantly over the years, and modern dental porcelain is known for its natural appearance as well as durability, hardness, strength, glassiness, translucence, and chemical resistance. Porcelain veneers, in the hands of a skilled dentist, such as Dr. Leo Arellano, results in truly spectacular enhancement.
All it takes is about three weeks to correct dental imperfections that have embarrassed patients for years. Veneers require placement by a professional with Dr. Arellano’s level of artistry, precision, and skill, for optimum results.
However, the process is quick and simple for the patient.
- The area to be treated is numbed with anesthetic to ensure patient comfort
- Dr. Arellano prepares each tooth by shaving off a small amount of enamel
- Once the teeth are prepared, an impression is made to be used by the ceramist to create custom fit restorations
- Interim resin veneers may be placed to protect the prepared teeth and reduce sensitivity
- The veneers are sent to the dental office in about two weeks
- The patient returns to the office for placement of the permanent veneers
- The interim restorations are removed
- The teeth are cleaned and etched to ensure a tight bond
- Dr. Arellano evaluates the veneers and makes any necessary adjustments
- A bonding solution is applied to the teeth
- Each veneer is cemented with precision
- The veneers are cleaned and polished to a lustrous glow
- The patient is given aftercare instructions and leaves the office with a beautiful new smile
Dr. Arellano and his terrific team have perfected hundreds of smiles in San Francisco using porcelain veneers. Call 415-881-4343 today and ask about our complimentary consultation.