Restore your smile with a San Francisco dental bridge
A dental bridge is an extremely aesthetic option for replacing missing teeth. An artistic cosmetic dentist, such as Dr. Leo Arellano can design a restoration that matches existing teeth in color and shape, for an indiscernible effect. When several teeth are missing, a longer unit or several of them can be used to restore a smile. Although dental implants are the most often recommended method to replace missing teeth, they are not the perfect solution for everyone.
Insufficient bone structure, financial limitations, or personal preference, can make a fixed bridge the preferred replacement for some patients. There are many benefits of dental bridges, including:
- Even one missing tooth can ruin the appearance of a nice smile. This can affect a patient’s confidence and self-esteem. Tooth replacement can help create a beautiful, healthy, complete smile, which is a terrific personal asset.
- When teeth are missing, the jawbone and facial musculature can change as time passes. Replacing lost teeth will help preserve the natural facial contours, preventing the sunken look that can be inherent with missing teeth.
- People have a tendency to chew on one side of their mouth when teeth are missing on the other side. This can offset the bite and even lead to painful problems in the jaw joints, resulting in possible pain in the jaw, face, and neck. When placed with precision, an artificial tooth can protect the integrity of the bite.
- Missing teeth can make it difficult to chew properly, resulting in reduced nutrition and possible digestive problems. A restoration will prevent these issues, benefitting the patients overall health.
- Teeth are instrumental in the ability to speak clearly; the tongue meets the back of the teeth to create certain sounds. Eliminating spaces from lost teeth will restore the ability to pronounce words correctly.
- When a tooth is missing, the teeth adjacent to the gap tend to lean into the gap creating misalignment issues. Filling the gap will prevent the remaining teeth from drifting, benefitting overall oral health.
It is crucial for a dental bridge to be placed with precision by a highly skilled doctor with extensive experience. If it does not meet the opposing teeth perfectly, it can result in pain, bite issues, and ultimately, failure of the restoration. Call 415-881-4343 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Leo Arellano and his skilled team. They have put hundreds of beautiful, healthy smiles on the streets of San Francisco by restoring smiles with dental bridges.