The cost of Invisalign is comparable to traditional braces in San Francisco
How much does Invisalign cost? This question is typically the first one patients ask when they visit Dr. Leo Arellano to discuss orthodontic treatment. The short answer is that Invisalign treatment costs about the same as traditional metal bracket and wire braces. Just as with traditional braces, the cost of Invisalign is dependent on a number of factors, including the duration of treatment, the complexity of the case, and the patient’s insurance coverage for orthodontics.
Invisalign and Insurance
Some dental insurance policies offer the same coverage for Invisalign as they do for traditional braces. About 25 percent of patients receive insurance benefits for Invisalign. The insurance carrier can help patients determine their exact coverage for Invisalign. On average, the carrier will pay approximately $500 toward the cost of treatment.
Some companies offer flexible spending accounts to their employees, allowing them to put aside a part of their paycheck, free of payroll taxes, for qualifying medical expenses. Invisalign is an orthodontic treatment, and therefore is a qualified expense in most cases. Patients who plan to seek Invisalign treatment can prepare by contributing payments to a flexible spending account.
Advantages of Invisalign
Although the cost of Invisalign is comparable to traditional orthodontic treatment, this system has a number of advantages over conventional braces:
- Patients can eat all of their favorite foods – no food restrictions
- The aligners can be removed for photos and special occasions
- The clear plastic aligners allow patients to straighten their teeth discreetly
- The removable aligners allow patients to brush and floss their teeth easily and effectively, without trying to clean around brackets and behind wires
- The aligners are made of comfortable, smooth plastic, rather than sharp wires and brackets that can poke and irritate tender oral tissue
- Fewer and faster office visits save a lot of time in patients’ busy schedules
One of the biggest advantages of Invisalign is that more people than ever before are seeking orthodontic treatment. Those who had always wanted to straighten their teeth, but would not consider wearing metal braces are happily straightening their teeth with Invisalign, thereby enhancing their smile while protecting their oral health. Untreated orthodontic issues can have a significant impact on a patient’s oral health. Misalignment can increase the risk of periodontal disease as well as jaw problems and excessive tooth wear.
Call 415-881-4343 today to schedule a consultation for Invisalign, the discreet path to a healthy, beautifully straight smile.