San Francisco smiles can be restored with crowns and affordable dental implants
Dr. Leo Arellano’s dental implants topped with beautiful crowns offer people in San Francisco and the surrounding areas an affordable way to restore full beauty and function to their smiles.
The advantages of dental implants
- Preserve natural tooth structure – Conventional bridges require the supporting teeth to be reduced and shaped for the placement of the anchoring crowns. Dental implants are standalone restorations that do not affect other teeth.
- Balance the chewing forces – Due to their independent support, dental implants reduce the pressure on the remaining oral structure by carrying their own load rather than it being transferred to supporting teeth as is the case with bridgework.
- Longevity – Studies have found that implants remain stable and functional much longer than other restorations. With proper care, they have been known to last a lifetime in many cases.
- Preserve jawbone tissue – By stimulating the bone tissue, implants reduce deterioration and bone resorption that result in loss of jawbone width and height. This, in turn, helps preserve the facial contours.
- Lifelike – Dental implant restorations are strong and stable, allowing them to look, feel, and function like natural teeth.
- Predictable – Dental implants have a record of successful treatment (95-98 percent).
- Easy care – Caring for a tooth restored with a dental implant is the very same as caring for a natural tooth. Simply brush, floss, and maintain regular dental visits.
Economic considerations make implants affordable
When a single tooth is lost, the two most common treatments are implant-supported crowns and tooth supported bridges. According to the ADA (American Dental Association), a dental bridge lasts 10 years on average. Clinical studies have found that a dental implant can last a lifetime with proper care. When the cost of replacing a dental bridge every 10 years is compared to the “once and done” cost of dental implants, the implant restoration is more cost-effective. Although more expensive initially, dental implants are not only a better choice for treatment, they are more affordable in the long run.
Doctor Leo Arellano and his skilled team offer a wide array of restorative services and work with their patients to help them choose the option that is best for their oral health, budget, and lifestyle. In our no pressure, no judgment, no upselling dental practice, the patient is always in charge of decisions about their oral care. Call 415-881-4343 and schedule an appointment today.