Dr. Leo Arellano
Serving general and cosmetic dentistry patients in San Francisco for more than 34 years, Dr. Arellano is an experienced dentist dedicated to providing superior care. His results have earned him the highest ratings in quality and customer satisfaction.
The priorities in our San Francisco dental practice include patient comfort, technology, and safety. Our office protocol includes stringent standards for infection control, and utilizes advanced diagnostic equipment that allows us to detect dental problems early. One such area of outstanding technology is the use of digital x-rays versus conventional x-ray imaging. With state-of-the-art imaging equipment, we gain accurate information that helps us identify areas of concern. The use of advanced dental technologies benefits our patients, who are deserving of healthy, beautiful smiles.
About Dr. Arellano
Full Reconstruction with Braces, Gum Surgery,
Implants and Crowns
Photo by Dr. Leo Arellano
I've been coming here for about three years and they are fantastic! Very thorough and holistic intake that they update every visit. Everyone who works there is really nice and helpful and scheduling is always easy. They also offer complimentary teeth cleaning to regular clients on occasion. I'm not a huge fan of going to the dentist but this is about as painless as going to the dentist can be. Highly recommended.
Laura D. | San Francisco, CA
Other courses of study include:
- Bachelor's of Science in Dental Hygiene, 1979, after completing education at UCLA and UCSF
- Doctor of Dental Surgery Degree, 1984, UCSF School of Dentistry
- Periodontal Surgery courses completed at the University of the Pacific School of Dentistry's Periodontic Study Club
Dr. Arellano is a member of:
- "Concept of Complete Dentistry" by Dr. Peter Dawson
- Courses by Dr. Frank Spear at the Seattle Institute of Advanced Dental Education
- Courses on soft tissue and bone grafting at the American Academy of Implant Dentistry
- Courses on dental implantology with the American Academy of Implant Dentistry
- The American Dental Association
- The American Academy of Implant Dentistry
- The California State Dental Association
- The San Francisco County Dental Association
- The San Francisco Study Club, a local affiliate of the internationally known Seattle Study Club
- Served as board member to the Fisherman's Wharf Rotary Club from 1999 to 2007
- Is licensed to use the LANAP protocol for laser periodontal therapy.
- Has received certification from the Institute of Advanced Laser Dentistry to perform treatments utilizing Nd:YAG laser.
- Co-founded the first mobile dental CT / x-ray imaging company on the West Coast. Mobile CT Imaging has since moved East.
Advanced technologies for outstanding care
- ValueStar Rated.
- Diamond Certified Rated from 2005 to 2007.
- Named among "Bay Area Top Doctors and Dentists" in 2010 by Doctors Improving Healthcare in a collaboration with NBC Bay Area.
- Received Tom Terry's Dental Compliance and Safety's "Exceptional Dental Office" rating for exceeding government standards in the area of patient safety.
- Gold certification status from the Green Business Bureau.
Our office is equipped with proven technologies for improved comfort and diagnostic evaluation. We capture data using digital radiography, which emits far less radiation than traditional x-ray imaging. Digital imaging is not only safer but also more detailed, providing your dentist with a view of your entire oral structure, including the jawbone, nerve bundles, and the sinus cavity. With digital imaging, we can also evaluate the joints of the jaw, called the TMJs, as well as structures within the head and neck.
Laser has improved how we treat gum disease. Using the Laser Assisted New Attachment Procedure, known as LANAP®, your dentist can safely and effectively target diseased tissue, leaving healthy tissue intact. LANAP® was the first laser procedure to gain FDA approval for the treatment of periodontitis.