Gum disease treatment without the cost of a periodontist in San Francisco
Periodontal (Gum) disease is a bacterial infection that can affect the gums and bone that support the teeth. Many American adults have some form of gum disease, ranging from simple gum infection (gingivitis) to serious disease (periodontitis), which can cause severe damage to the gums and bone, as well as tooth loss.
Plaque is a bacteria laden, colorless, sticky biofilm that continually forms on teeth. When this biofilm isn't regularly disturbed by brushing and flossing, the harmful bacteria begins attacking the oral tissues. Gingivitis (the early stage of the disease) causes the gums to swell, redden, and bleed easily. It can be reversed with effective treatment and excellent oral hygiene at home.
If left untreated, the disease will advance to periodontitis. In this stage, the gums pull away from the teeth, forming pockets that gather more plaque that causes more infection. The bacteria in the plaque produce toxins that irritate the gums, stimulating a chronic inflammatory response that breaks down the gum tissue and bone.
Numerous studies have indicated that the damage of gum disease can reach far beyond the oral structure. Research has found an association between gum disease and a number of serious health conditions such as diabetes, stroke, heart disease, rheumatoid arthritis, and respiratory disease to name just a few. Effective treatment for periodontal disease is crucial to patients' oral and overall health.
Traditionally, treatment for advanced gum disease involved a scalpel, sutures, considerable discomfort, and a bill from a periodontist. In San Francisco, Dr. Leo Arellano and his talented team offer a minimally invasive, patient-friendly treatment for gum disease that is a terrific improvement over traditional gum surgery. Dr. Arellano uses PerioLase laser therapy called LANAP as an alternative to traditional surgical treatment.
This method has revolutionized periodontal disease treatment, allowing it to be completed in weeks rather than months. Patient discomfort is significantly reduced, and so is the recovery period. In most cases, patients can resume normal activities within 24 hours.
Early, effective treatment for gum disease is vital to oral and overall health, and this innovative treatment provides a kinder, gentler method to stop this potentially devastating problem. San Francisco residents can call 415-881-4343 and schedule an appointment to learn if this treatment is right for them.
- Gum Disease Prevention Near San Francisco - Gum disease prevention tips for patients near San Francisco, CA
- Gum Disease Treatment in San Francisco - Treatment of gum disease in San Francisco for area residents
- Gum Disease in San Francisco CA - Residents in the San Francisco, CA area ask, "What are the keys to preventing gum disease?"
- Gum Disease Prevention Daly City - Daly City understands the importance of gum disease prevention
- Gum Disease in Daly City - Daly City area dentist explains risk factors for gum disease
- Gum Disease Daly City - Effective treatments for gum disease near Daly City
- Gum Problems Prevention San Francisco - Tips for prevention of gum problems in San Francisco
- San Francisco Dental - What is Gum Disease?
- San Francisco Gum Disease - What is Gum Recession and Gum Graft?
- Treatment of Gum Disease in San Francisco - The importance of Oral Hygiene in the Treatment of Gum Disease in San Francisco
- Periodontal Disease San Francisco - The Key Is Early Diagnosis and Oral Hygiene
- Laser Gum Treatments San Francisco - Gum surgery without cutting or stitches?
- Bleeding Gums San Francisco - Causes of bleeding gums, and treatment options in San Francisco
- Gum Disease Treatment San Francisco - Prevention is always better than treatment
- Gum Disease of San Francisco - Good oral hygiene is vital to the prevention of periodontal (gum) disease
- San Francisco Gum Disease Treatment - Protect your overall health with San Francisco gum disease treatment
- Periodontist San Francisco - Gum disease treatment without the cost of a periodontist in San Francisco
- LANAP San Francisco - Laser Assisted New Attachment Procedure (LANAP) in San Francisco
- Periodontitis Treatment San Francisco - Amazing periodontitis treatment in San Francisco