Gum surgery without cutting or stitches?
For those who have significant gum disease and have been told that they need traditional gum surgery, laser gum treatments may be an alternative. Research has shown that this "No Cut – No Sew" alternative called LANAP® (L
rocedure) is the only laser gum treatment with the ability to regenerate the lost bone and soft tissue attachment that causes the deep pockets associated with gum disease. Because of this, LANAP® is also the only FDA approved laser procedure for treating gum disease.
Traditional gum surgery generally tends to be amputative by design. A scalpel is used to cut away infected gum tissue by trimming and repositioning it around the teeth while the affected bone is cut away. You come away from the procedure with the gums sewn back together. The end result is teeth surrounded by shallow gum pockets that are free from gum disease. But this is done at the expense of less gum tissue and bone support surrounding the teeth that not only creates spaces between teeth that can trap food, but can be an esthetic problem if these spaces and now exposed tooth roots can be seen. Exposed tooth roots can also be prone to root sensitivity, root abrasions and erosions, and root decay.
On the other hand, LANAP® tries to regenerate the lost bone and gum tissue attachment associated with gum disease. Laser Periodontal Therapy™ (LPT) is basically a 4-step procedure that uses LANAP® to create an environment that allows and promotes the body’s natural healing capability to take over. The PerioLase® laser was specifically designed for this procedure. It not only specifically targets diseased gum tissues, but the laser has a biostimulatory effect that promotes healing.
But every treatment option has its limits. Whether you are a candidate for this procedure and what is your particular expected outcome is important in determining whether LANAP® is right for you. Since 2007, Dr. Leo Arellano has been one of the first dentists in the San Francisco Bay Area that has been fully trained and certified in this new procedure.
Call today to take advantage of his experience with this new standard of care procedure for periodontal disease.
Patient Consultation - Part 1 - Gum Disease Treatment Options
Patient Consultation - Part 2 - LANAP Treatment Details
- Gum Disease Prevention Near San Francisco - Gum disease prevention tips for patients near San Francisco, CA
- Gum Disease Treatment in San Francisco - Treatment of gum disease in San Francisco for area residents
- Gum Disease in San Francisco CA - Residents in the San Francisco, CA area ask, "What are the keys to preventing gum disease?"
- Gum Disease Prevention Daly City - Daly City understands the importance of gum disease prevention
- Gum Disease in Daly City - Daly City area dentist explains risk factors for gum disease
- Gum Disease Daly City - Effective treatments for gum disease near Daly City
- Gum Problems Prevention San Francisco - Tips for prevention of gum problems in San Francisco
- San Francisco Dental - What is Gum Disease?
- San Francisco Gum Disease - What is Gum Recession and Gum Graft?
- Treatment of Gum Disease in San Francisco - The importance of Oral Hygiene in the Treatment of Gum Disease in San Francisco
- Periodontal Disease San Francisco - The Key Is Early Diagnosis and Oral Hygiene
- Laser Gum Treatments San Francisco - Gum surgery without cutting or stitches?
- Bleeding Gums San Francisco - Causes of bleeding gums, and treatment options in San Francisco
- Gum Disease Treatment San Francisco - Prevention is always better than treatment
- Gum Disease of San Francisco - Good oral hygiene is vital to the prevention of periodontal (gum) disease
- San Francisco Gum Disease Treatment - Protect your overall health with San Francisco gum disease treatment
- Periodontist San Francisco - Gum disease treatment without the cost of a periodontist in San Francisco
- LANAP San Francisco - Laser Assisted New Attachment Procedure (LANAP) in San Francisco
- Periodontitis Treatment San Francisco - Amazing periodontitis treatment in San Francisco