Laser Assisted New Attachment Procedure (LANAP) in San Francisco
The LANAP protocol is a technologically advanced approach to periodontal treatment; it is a minimally invasive, patient-friendly, alternative to scalpel and suture periodontal surgery. Dr. Leo Arellano and his team can treat any stage of periodontal disease in a way that is less traumatic and less painful than with standard gum surgery.
Periodontal (gum) disease
Gum disease begins with plaque, a sticky biofilm that clings to the teeth and, when not removed regularly, becomes hard, forming calculus (tartar). These deposits harbor harmful bacteria that infect the gum tissue. Gingivitis, the earliest stage of gum disease is characterized by swollen, red gums that bleed easily.
If left untreated, gingivitis will advance to periodontitis, an even more serious stage of gum disease. This form of the disease causes the gums to separate from the teeth and the bone structure to deteriorate. The bacteria concentrate in these pockets, accelerating the damage to the gums and bone, eventually resulting in tooth loss.
Although LANAP treatments minimize pain, local anesthetic is provided to ensure patient comfort throughout the treatment. A small laser fiber is placed between the gums and tooth as it clears away the infection, reduces the affected tissue, and allows healthy gum tissue to reattach to the tooth. The treatment can usually be completed in two 2-hour appointments. Post treatment discomfort is significantly less than with traditional gum surgery treatment. Complete aftercare instructions will be provided at the time of treatment.
There are numerous benefits to LANAP:
- Faster healing - The treatment is minimally invasive, reducing recovery time, so many patients can return to their normal routine immediately following treatment. Healing time is significantly less than that of surgical treatment.
- Comfort - The laser seals the nerve endings, lymphatics, and blood vessels, providing an immediate sense of recovery. No incisions, no sutures, less swelling, and minimal bleeding during and after treatment minimize discomfort.
- Results - The LANAP protocol provides lasting results, 98 percent of patients who were treated with this procedure remained stable, even five years later.
- Appropriate for most patients - Even those who have health conditions such as HIV, diabetes, or hemophilia can benefit from this treatment.
For patient-friendly treatment for periodontal disease, or any other dental issue, call 415-881-4343, or drop by our office at 3030 Geary Blvd. in San Francisco, CA and schedule an appointment with Dr. Leo Arellano and his terrific team.
- Gum Disease Prevention Near San Francisco - Gum disease prevention tips for patients near San Francisco, CA
- Gum Disease Treatment in San Francisco - Treatment of gum disease in San Francisco for area residents
- Gum Disease in San Francisco CA - Residents in the San Francisco, CA area ask, "What are the keys to preventing gum disease?"
- Gum Disease Prevention Daly City - Daly City understands the importance of gum disease prevention
- Gum Disease in Daly City - Daly City area dentist explains risk factors for gum disease
- Gum Disease Daly City - Effective treatments for gum disease near Daly City
- Gum Problems Prevention San Francisco - Tips for prevention of gum problems in San Francisco
- San Francisco Dental - What is Gum Disease?
- San Francisco Gum Disease - What is Gum Recession and Gum Graft?
- Treatment of Gum Disease in San Francisco - The importance of Oral Hygiene in the Treatment of Gum Disease in San Francisco
- Periodontal Disease San Francisco - The Key Is Early Diagnosis and Oral Hygiene
- Laser Gum Treatments San Francisco - Gum surgery without cutting or stitches?
- Bleeding Gums San Francisco - Causes of bleeding gums, and treatment options in San Francisco
- Gum Disease Treatment San Francisco - Prevention is always better than treatment
- Gum Disease of San Francisco - Good oral hygiene is vital to the prevention of periodontal (gum) disease
- San Francisco Gum Disease Treatment - Protect your overall health with San Francisco gum disease treatment
- Periodontist San Francisco - Gum disease treatment without the cost of a periodontist in San Francisco
- LANAP San Francisco - Laser Assisted New Attachment Procedure (LANAP) in San Francisco
- Periodontitis Treatment San Francisco - Amazing periodontitis treatment in San Francisco