Gum disease prevention tips for patients near San Francisco, CA
Gum disease is a serious, but common, issue. Dr. Leo Arellano of Leo Arellano DDS PC, CA, works hard to educate his patients about good oral hygiene in order to avoid the effects of gum disease, also known as periodontal disease. Once it develops, gum disease can cause serious problems for a patient's mouth by, causing damage to the teeth, bone, and gums.
Gum disease begins as gingivitis. Because so many patients have heard of gingivitis they think it's harmless when their gums bleed during teeth brushing or flossing, or they don't notice that their gums are red and inflamed. However, those who notice these symptoms, should make an appointment with Dr. Arellano as quickly as possible. At this point, gum disease is fairly easy to treat and reverse. Following a proper diagnosis, patients will likely undergo a professional, deep cleaning to eliminate the bacterial, plaque, and tartar from above and below the gum line. This treatment ensures that the gum disease does not progress any further.
Left untreated gingivitis can turn into periodontal disease which causes even greater damage to the gum and the bone surrounding the teeth. The gums will begin to pull away from the teeth and the bone can become damaged. This can lead to the tooth becoming loose, or even falling out. If the disease progresses treatment can become more complex. This could include deep cleaning, antibiotics, or even surgery. Dr. Arellano will perform an examination and recommend the necessary treatments to bring the mouth back to good health.
Of course, the best way to deal with gum disease is to never develop it at all. Gum disease can be prevented by ensuring proper and thorough brushing and flossing. In addition, patients should keep up with regular dental visits to ensure that their at-home care practices are effective, and so potential issues can be spotted and treated before they develop into larger problems.
Those experiencing any of the signs of gum disease should call the office of Leo Arellano DDS PC today to schedule an appointment. Proper diagnosis, followed by treatment is the best way to prevent gum disease progression and irreversible damage.
- Gum Disease Prevention Near San Francisco - Gum disease prevention tips for patients near San Francisco, CA
- Gum Disease Treatment in San Francisco - Treatment of gum disease in San Francisco for area residents
- Gum Disease in San Francisco CA - Residents in the San Francisco, CA area ask, "What are the keys to preventing gum disease?"
- Gum Disease Prevention Daly City - Daly City understands the importance of gum disease prevention
- Gum Disease in Daly City - Daly City area dentist explains risk factors for gum disease
- Gum Disease Daly City - Effective treatments for gum disease near Daly City
- Gum Problems Prevention San Francisco - Tips for prevention of gum problems in San Francisco
- San Francisco Dental - What is Gum Disease?
- San Francisco Gum Disease - What is Gum Recession and Gum Graft?
- Treatment of Gum Disease in San Francisco - The importance of Oral Hygiene in the Treatment of Gum Disease in San Francisco
- Periodontal Disease San Francisco - The Key Is Early Diagnosis and Oral Hygiene
- Laser Gum Treatments San Francisco - Gum surgery without cutting or stitches?
- Bleeding Gums San Francisco - Causes of bleeding gums, and treatment options in San Francisco
- Gum Disease Treatment San Francisco - Prevention is always better than treatment
- Gum Disease of San Francisco - Good oral hygiene is vital to the prevention of periodontal (gum) disease
- San Francisco Gum Disease Treatment - Protect your overall health with San Francisco gum disease treatment
- Periodontist San Francisco - Gum disease treatment without the cost of a periodontist in San Francisco
- LANAP San Francisco - Laser Assisted New Attachment Procedure (LANAP) in San Francisco
- Periodontitis Treatment San Francisco - Amazing periodontitis treatment in San Francisco