Causes of bleeding gums, and treatment options in San Francisco
Bleeding gums can be an indication of more serious problems than you may think. Although there may be a few different causes of bleeding gums, the serious condition of periodontal disease is the most common. While it may seem that the little bit of blood that you see when brushing is rather harmless, this can be a sign of a serious health problem. There are harmful bacteria in your mouth, and your gums are your sign that action needs to be taken in order to protect your overall health.
The significance of bleeding gums is the progression of gum disease. From the very earliest stage of gingivitis, gum disease may display a variety of symptoms in addition to bleeding gums:
- Soreness in the gums
- Swelling of gum tissue
- Deep pockets between the teeth and gum tissue
- Changes in your bite (the way teeth fit together)
- The feeling of looseness in a tooth or teeth
- Receding gums
In dealing with gum disease, early diagnosis and treatment are important to prevent further complications that affect your overall health. The bleeding that occurs during brushing, or the swelling and discomfort of irritated gums are not an isolated condition. With this comes the potential for harmful bacteria to enter the bloodstream. Furthermore, the bacteria that cause gum disease and bleeding gums can travel through the body just as food does, through the digestive tract. Some of the potential health hazards of gum disease include:
- Digestive issues
- Respiratory disease
- Heart attack
It is vital to see your dentist immediately if you have bleeding gums. To address the issue of gum disease adequately, continue brushing twice a day and flossing; but also schedule a visit to Dr. Arellano to determine if gum disease is present and to what degree. Gum disease is treatable at any stage, but treatment is dependent on the condition of the gum tissue. To protect your health, contact us to address bleeding gums and the issue of gum disease.
- Gum Disease Prevention Near San Francisco - Gum disease prevention tips for patients near San Francisco, CA
- Gum Disease Treatment in San Francisco - Treatment of gum disease in San Francisco for area residents
- Gum Disease in San Francisco CA - Residents in the San Francisco, CA area ask, "What are the keys to preventing gum disease?"
- Gum Disease Prevention Daly City - Daly City understands the importance of gum disease prevention
- Gum Disease in Daly City - Daly City area dentist explains risk factors for gum disease
- Gum Disease Daly City - Effective treatments for gum disease near Daly City
- Gum Problems Prevention San Francisco - Tips for prevention of gum problems in San Francisco
- San Francisco Dental - What is Gum Disease?
- San Francisco Gum Disease - What is Gum Recession and Gum Graft?
- Treatment of Gum Disease in San Francisco - The importance of Oral Hygiene in the Treatment of Gum Disease in San Francisco
- Periodontal Disease San Francisco - The Key Is Early Diagnosis and Oral Hygiene
- Laser Gum Treatments San Francisco - Gum surgery without cutting or stitches?
- Bleeding Gums San Francisco - Causes of bleeding gums, and treatment options in San Francisco
- Gum Disease Treatment San Francisco - Prevention is always better than treatment
- Gum Disease of San Francisco - Good oral hygiene is vital to the prevention of periodontal (gum) disease
- San Francisco Gum Disease Treatment - Protect your overall health with San Francisco gum disease treatment
- Periodontist San Francisco - Gum disease treatment without the cost of a periodontist in San Francisco
- LANAP San Francisco - Laser Assisted New Attachment Procedure (LANAP) in San Francisco
- Periodontitis Treatment San Francisco - Amazing periodontitis treatment in San Francisco